Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Books! Beer! Babes!

For those of you who will be in or near Seattle on Tuesday, 6th May, I'll be doing a reading at Hugo House, 7:00 pm.

But this isn't any old reading, this is a super-awesome double- (triple- quadruple-) goodness extravaganza. For one thing, I'll be reading with fellow Lambda Literary Nominee, Corrina Wycoff, for another, there will be beer and wine, for another, the whole thing is being filmed for posterity, and for yet another I'll be telling two of my favourite stories, the one about how I got the nickname No-Pants Griffith and stopped believing in fairies, and the one about sex and love and Catholic convent school.

Corrina is nominated this year in the debut fiction category, for a kick-arse collection of stories, O Street, and I'm nominated for memoir/biography, for my little-box-that-could, And Now We Are Going to Have a Party: Liner notes to a Writer's Early Life.

So please drop by, have a drink, listen to our stories, ask us questions (throw peanuts--whatever works for you). And don't forget to say hello.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print