Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

praise her praise her

From: Bett


No question, only praise. I just finished reading "Always" and was disappointed because it was over. I've read them all now and can only hope that there will be more to come. I've enjoyed all of your books. You have a terrific way with words and ideas. I just can't say enough about how much your writing has enhanced my reading world. Sorry for the gushing. Looking forward to your next book about Aud, if that is to be. If not, whatever it may be I'm waiting. lol. Take care of yourself.

I always take care of myself. Always have. 'Always looking after number one,' my mother used to say to me. I'd give her my best And your point? look. In my family, the whole Catholic (and gendered) self-sacrifice thing was big. But I proved impervious. Self-sacrifice has always struck me as ridiculous. I don't see the point. How on earth (or heaven for that matter, if you believe that sort of thing) can you look after other people if you don't look after yourself? I just don't get it. I never understood martyrdom for just that reason.

But I appreciate the thought. As for more Aud, hmmn, not for a while. I dither with whether to spend time writing an Aud screen- or teleplay, but I doubt I'll be writing another Aud novel anytime soon.

And, hey, never apologise to a writer about gushing. We love it.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print